Friday, February 19, 2016

"Snow" Day ... Sew Day

On Monday this week, our area got hit with some freezing rain and ice. It wasn't as bad as our last ice episode, but the roads were slippery enough for many businesses to close for the day. Yay! Mom and I both got to stay home! Sew Day!! We decided to each do a Farm Girl block and a "special episode" of Mother and Daughter Sewing Experience.

After the first two blocks I completed, I really needed to pick something a little more simple ... bigger pieces, less matching seams, less bulk. Mom was working on a personal project as well so she wanted a block that would sew up pretty quick. Mom's is left; "Kitchen Window", and mine right; "Out to Pasture".

I definitely had less stress putting this block together. Now to find some red gingham for my next block. :)

Until next time ... Happy Sewing!

Cat and Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment