Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Fourth Set

Last weekend Mom and I completed our fourth set of blocks for our Farm Girl sampler quilt. Mom did "Milking Day" and I choose "Old Glory". We are getting the hang of the smaller size (each block is 6 inches finished) and there was considerably less cursing on my part putting the pieces together. I'm not sure if you can tell by the picture, but "Old Glory" is a little short. I don't really know what happened there, but my plan is to just make the outer white borders bigger to fix it. 

When I got done with my block I put all 8 of them together for one picture. Mom and I were "oohing" and "aahing" at how well they look. I am loving the materials we are using ... I am a huge scrappy quilt nut anyway, but the bright and 30's patterns are just so fun! 


Mom did her block for this weekend, but I did not.  I am a high school teacher by day, and it's getting toward the end of our grading term so I was grading most of the day. Speaking of grading, I better get my butt back to it.  :-)

Until next time ... Happy Sewing!

Cat and Sue



No comments:

Post a Comment