Monday, April 15, 2019

A2Z Challenge: Block M

Maple Star and Mosaic #10 (Variation)


Happy Monday all!  I had a wonderful first day of spring break ... spent most of it in my jammies and in the sewing room!  Yesterday Mom and I went to a friend's house to do some long-arm quilting.  We were talking about how I plan on quilting my homespun sampler and Mom suggested that I "quilt-as-I-go".  I know that I don't want to put this on a long-arm, but I have a bit of time to make that decision.

For my "M" blocks, I chose Maple Star and a variation on Mosaic #10 (from 501 Quilt Blocks book).  I hadn't done a block in mostly brown yet, and I thought that the Maple Star was a good  choice for these colors.  I was originally going back and forth with the Missouri Star block ...but I'm glad I made this choice.

I made the second block a while ago and the funny thing is I can't find this pattern anywhere.  I have no idea where this block came from.  As I was looking for this block I made note of others that were similar.  In the 501 Quilt Blocks book, there are a handful of Mosaic blocks, and this block mostly resembles Mosaic #10.  In the pattern though, instead of a nine-patch center, there is a square-in-a-square.  What would a quilt of mine be without a little mystery?

Hope you had a great Monday!  See you tomorrow!  Happy sewing!

Cat

Note:  If you are new to "Blogging from A to Z", check out their website here.  This is my second year participating, but my first on this blog.  For an introduction to my A to Z project, read my preview blog post for this year posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment