Monday, April 1, 2019

A2Z Challenge: Block A

Alabama


This project has been a work-in-progress for quite a few years, so to bring it out again has been quite nostalgic.  I had about 20 blocks already created, and am creating the rest new to make a 6 by 7 (or 42) block quilt.  Alabama was the first block that I decided to add to my group.  I love the turquoise solid homespun ... the block really "pops" next to some of the others!

Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!  Happy sewing!

Cat

Note:  If you are new to "Blogging from A to Z", check out their website here.  This is my second year participating, but my first on this blog.  For an introduction to my A to Z project, read my preview blog post for this year posted here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cat...sew happy to find a sew/quilt theme for 2019 AtoZ. Great block for the Letter A, and I agree...it pops. Before you know it that 42 block quilt will be ready to piece together. I am a former quilt shop owner and still quilt a bit, but mostly have blogged about sewing and quilting. There will be a few references to sewing in my theme this year. Hope you will stop by...here's my link.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can think of quite a few turquiose fans as I look at your Letter A entry :) Yep, I'm one too lol Great Start to the A to Z! See you again soon!
    Stephanie Finnell
    @randallbychance from
    Katy Trail Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty block, I love your color combo too ;)
    Fred at https://quiltingpatch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete