Wednesday, April 17, 2019

A2Z Challenge: Block O

Ohio Star, Ocean Waves, and One More Block


I originally had Ohio Star and Ocean Waves done and thought that was it for "O".  Instead I had to make One More Block ... and I made this decision today.  I actually just got it done a few hours ago.  Nothing like working with a deadline!  Yikes!


A lot of my blocks are nine-patch style.  I really felt that, at this point, the quilt needed a break.  The setup for this block is a bit different and I chose colors to make it stand out.

My sampler wouldn't be complete without an Ohio Start block.  The Ohio Star block I originally made was all one color (solid neutral squares in the corners).  This was the only block made this way in the quilt so far, and it was really out of place.  I added the dark corners to the block not knowing that by doing that also changed it's name.  The way my block is made now is called "Swamp Angel" but to me it will always be Ohio Star.

Up until about two weeks ago, Ocean Waves was not going to be included in the quilt.  I didn't like how it blended with the other blocks.  But now with so many other blocks, you cannot tell how different it is.  I had this awesome blue, red, and gold plaid that was a bigger pattern.  I knew it would get lost if I cut it up into 2-inch squares and looked for a pattern with big pieces.  I actually really like this block, and have reinstated it into the quilt top.

Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!  Happy sewing!

Cat
Note:  If you are new to "Blogging from A to Z", check out their website here.  This is my second year participating, but my first on this blog.  For an introduction to my A to Z project, read my preview blog post for this year posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment