Monday, April 22, 2019

A2Z Challenge: Block S

Sawtooth Star and Snail's Trail


Happy Monday!!  Only 8 more posts to go ... can you believe we are almost done with April?  Being at the end of April for me means only 5 more weeks before final exams and I'm on summer vacation.  As a teacher, I am usually doing some sort of professional development over the summer, but this year is wide open.  I see a lot of sewing in my near future.

So my "S" blocks are two classics.  The Sawtooth Star that I made is not technically correct (I used half-square triangles instead of flying geese) and I have been playing around with remaking it.  It wouldn't take that much effort and it would give me a chance to fix some points.  I'm also not sure about that gold plaid in the center.

But since I made this Snail's Trail block I have been in love with it.  These pink and purple plaids are so awesome together and the lighter colors are such a good contrast with the rest of the blocks ... they break up all the darker colors really well.

Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!  Happy sewing!

Cat



Note:  If you are new to "Blogging from A to Z", check out their website here.  This is my second year participating, but my first on this blog.  For an introduction to my A to Z project, read my preview blog post for this year posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment